Some Things You Should Know

I started this blog a long time ago as when it was "What's Cooking at My house" and before my mad photography skills kicked in and before we went gluten free. With that said you never know what you might find here. There's a little something for everyone I believe. But my hope is to provide more recipes with better photos to tempt your tummy. *smile*

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Green Breakfast Smoothie!

This is the smoothie I make after I work out in the morning. Since I’ve been off sugar it gives me that little special treat as well.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup plain or greek yogurt
1 organic apple cut into 4ths
1/2 cup of Old Fashioned Oatmeal
1 handful of baby spinach
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
4 ice cubes
Optional additions are
1 frozen banana or
1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
If you find that you need it sweeter, you can use vanilla yogurt instead of the plain. Personally I’ve come to love it just the way it is.

IMG_2881
Directions:
Place everything in the blender in order given and blend until smooth.
IMG_2882
ENJOY!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I will be trying this!! Thanks for sharing!

Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Anonymous said...

Yummo!