Some Things You Should Know

I started this blog a long time ago as when it was "What's Cooking at My house" and before my mad photography skills kicked in and before we went gluten free. With that said you never know what you might find here. There's a little something for everyone I believe. But my hope is to provide more recipes with better photos to tempt your tummy. *smile*

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Creamed Onions

These are a favorite of ours. It may sound a bit weird but I honestly believe you will love these.

Ingredients:
1- 3lb. bag of small sweet or yellow onions (if you can afford the pearl onions it's even better)
1/2 stick of butter
1/2 -1 cup of half and half

Directions:
Peel onions and cut in half. Place in a pot and fill with water just enough to boil without drying out. Cover with lid and bring to a low boil. Keep a watch out to make sure you don't cook up all your water, you don't want burnt onions. Cook until fork tender.
Drain off excess water and put back over low heat.
Add your butter and stir to melt.
Add enough half and half that you don't quite cover your onions.
Add a bit of salt and pepper to taste.
Heat through and enjoy.

I'll be posting my Grandmother's Cranberry Salad recipe next so be on the lookout!

1 comment:

Karen M said...

So I was curious about this recipe and so I tried it in a much smaller quantity. I cooked 2 small yellow onions and adjusted butter and half and half accordingly. My husband and I both thought it was good and that I will cook it again. Thanks for sharing.