Some Things You Should Know

I started this blog a long time ago as when it was "What's Cooking at My house" and before my mad photography skills kicked in and before we went gluten free. With that said you never know what you might find here. There's a little something for everyone I believe. But my hope is to provide more recipes with better photos to tempt your tummy. *smile*

Monday, February 28, 2011

Ham and Gruyere Egg Cups!

IMG_1438

Gooseberry Patch has once again said I could post the recipes that I tried while reviewing their new book Mom’s Best Recipes.

MVBR

This recipe was so easy and so yummy.

Ingredients:

12 Thin Slices Deli Ham (I used Applegate Smoked Turkey)

3/4 shredded Gruyere Cheese

1 dozen eggs

salt and pepper to taste

1 cup half and half

2 TBS. grated Parmesan cheese

 

Directions:

Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray. Line each muffin cup with a slice of ham folded in half. Top each ham slice with one tablespoon Gruyere cheese, and egg cracked into the cup, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, one tablespoon half and half and 1/2 teaspoon Parmesan cheese. Place muffin tin on a baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes, until eggs are set. Allow baked eggs to cook for several minutes before removing them from the muffin tin. Makes one dozen.

Now you don’t have to make 12 if there are only 2 of you. Just adjust the recipe to suit your needs and enjoy!

No comments: