Some Things You Should Know

I started this blog a long time ago as when it was "What's Cooking at My house" and before my mad photography skills kicked in and before we went gluten free. With that said you never know what you might find here. There's a little something for everyone I believe. But my hope is to provide more recipes with better photos to tempt your tummy. *smile*

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Down-Home Taco Casserole

 

IMG_1951

This was the recipe that got the most votes when I was doing my Gooseberry Patch book giveaway.

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained

10 3/4 oz. can tomato soup

1 c. salsa

1/2 c. milk

8 1/2 oz. can peas and carrots, drained (I used frozen)

7 6-inch corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch squares

1 1/2 tsp. chili powder

1 c. shredded cheddar cheese, divided

Directions:

Combine all ingredients except 1/2 cup cheese; spread in a 2-quart casserole dish sprayed with non-stick vegetable spray, Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, or until hot. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; let stand until cheese melts. Makes 4 servings.

Because there are 5 of us I adjusted the measurements a little on my own and you can too. But this is the recipe straight out of the book. Everyone in the family really liked it. I’ll be making it again.

If you are still interested in the other recipes, you can find them in this Gooseberry Patch book:

61F8ZwQhNdL._SL500_AA300_

ENJOY!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Yum...I'd never think to put peas and carrots in it. That sounds and looks good! I don't know why I haven't bought this book yet...guess I need to do that today!

Jessica Hayes said...

Thanks for visiting over at my blog! We're up in Jacksonville, just a few hours from you.

I adore Mexican food and will definitely be making that recipe soon!