Some Things You Should Know

I started this blog a long time ago as when it was "What's Cooking at My house" and before my mad photography skills kicked in and before we went gluten free. With that said you never know what you might find here. There's a little something for everyone I believe. But my hope is to provide more recipes with better photos to tempt your tummy. *smile*

Monday, May 16, 2011

Root Beer Float Cake

With permission from Gooseberry Patch I give you yet another YUMMY recipe. Enjoy!

Our family LOVED this cake. So simple and easy. I had to use a gluten free cake mix and adjust some measurements because of that but it still came out yummy. Below is the original recipe, no changes made.

IMG_1883 IMG_1887

Ingredients:

18-1/2 oz. pkg. white cake mix

2-1/4 oz. cup root beer, chilled and divided

1/4 c. oil

2 eggs, beaten

1 env. whipped topping mix ( I used heaving whipping cream)

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix, 1-1/4 cups root beer, oil and eggs; beat until well blended. Pour into a greased 13”x9” baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes; cool completely. In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat whipped topping mix and remaining root beer until soft peaks form; frost cake. Makes 24 servings.

This recipe is from

61F8ZwQhNdL._SL500_AA300_

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've gotta have this cookbook!!

Lorraine said...

i have made this cake several times and we all love it! quick and easy cake!

Anonymous said...

This looks like one I need to give to my friend who regularly wins ribbons at the state fair. Lillian Lane, jkklane@surewest.net

Old Mother's Cupboard said...

I'd love to try this cake with a scoop of Haagen Dazs Coffee Ice Cream on top. Ever since my mother introduced me to root beer floats with coffee ice cream, I haven't been satisfied with just plain vanilla! Gonna try it sometime soon. Thanks!

Jeanine said...

I made this cake on Sunday and is was yum, yum, yum, yummy, yum! I won't tell you how many pieces I had :)
Peace and blessings to your day.
Jeanine