Some Things You Should Know

I started this blog a long time ago as when it was "What's Cooking at My house" and before my mad photography skills kicked in and before we went gluten free. With that said you never know what you might find here. There's a little something for everyone I believe. But my hope is to provide more recipes with better photos to tempt your tummy. *smile*

Friday, October 24, 2008

Salmon Patties

These have got to be one of my daughters favorites. She loves them. We all love them actually. I'm sure you will enjoy them as well.

INGREDIENTS:

2- 14oz. cans wild salmon (I pick out the bones)
1 onion, minced
2 eggs
1 c. bread crumbs
2 TBS worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp hot sauce
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
4 TBS. chopped parsley
All purpose flour for coating
1/4 c. butter
6 TBS. olive oil

DIRECTIONS:

Drain and flake salmon; combine with onion, egg, bread crumbs, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, black pepper, cheese and parsley; Mix well.
Shape into patties.
Dust lightly with flour.
Chill for 20 mins.
In a large skillet heat butter and oil over medium high heat.
Cook the patties until browned on both sides, about 10 minutes.
Drain briefly on paper towels before serving.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Patti said...

I don't like canned salmon at all, but I love fresh salmon. However, I bet making these with tuna would be just as good, so I think I'll try them like that. Sounds good.

Thanks for sharing your yummy recipes with me.

Have a great day,
Patti

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

I will try these as I am suppose to be making salmon patties this week per my menu plan. Thank you.