Some Things You Should Know

I started this blog a long time ago as when it was "What's Cooking at My house" and before my mad photography skills kicked in and before we went gluten free. With that said you never know what you might find here. There's a little something for everyone I believe. But my hope is to provide more recipes with better photos to tempt your tummy. *smile*

Monday, May 4, 2009

Cappuccino Smoothie!

I've been making this smoothie for about a week now and am loving it. So I thought I'd pass it along.

Ingredients:
Makes One BIG serving!

3/4 cup Vanilla Yogurt
1/4 Milk
Handful of Almonds 1/4 cup?
1 Frozen Banana
1 heaping tsp of instant coffee
4 ice cubes ( I was just fixin to say frozen ice cubes! DUH!)

Directions:
Place in blender in the order given and blend until smooth. I have a Vita-Mix so it really blends it nicely. If you don't have a super high speed blender you may have some "pieces" left over but I'm sure it will still taste delicious.
Tell me what you think if you try this. I LOVE it! Perfect for these coming summer months!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very healthy my friend! I'm not a banana fan (I know - they are so good for you), but maybe I could make it work anyway by adding more ice cubes or something. Hmmm, what if you added a little peanut butter?

Orenczaks said...

YUMMY! I so want to try that! Hmmm,,,, I can't have almonds or peanut butter though.
What could I replace almonds with????????????
Kathleen O.

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

I love smoothies... especially when they have frozen ice cubes!!! ha ha.... Sounds good to me!