Some Things You Should Know

I started this blog a long time ago as when it was "What's Cooking at My house" and before my mad photography skills kicked in and before we went gluten free. With that said you never know what you might find here. There's a little something for everyone I believe. But my hope is to provide more recipes with better photos to tempt your tummy. *smile*

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Individual Baked Macaroni and Cheese


This isn't so much a "recipe" as it is an idea of what to do with leftover cheese fondue! LOL!
I had a fondue party not to long ago and had a lot of leftover cheese fondue and bread that we were dipping in it.
So the next day I cooked some macaroni, added the leftover cheese fondue (approx. 1 1/2 cups), one egg, and a 1/2 cup of bread crumbs that I had made from the leftover bread cubes. I simply put the bread cubes under the broiler for about 2 mins or until browned then stuck them in the food processor.
With the leftover bread crumbs (approx. 1 cup) I added some basil, garlic powder, and chipotle seasoning to taste.
I then put my macaroni mixture in my individual mini loaf pan. Sprinkled with the rest of the bread crumbs and baked at 400 degrees for about 15- 20 mins.

Let the baked macaroni set for about 5 minutes if you want it to come out in one piece.

Now this can be a meatless main dish served with a nice salad or you could use it as a side.

Enjoy!

I found this basic recipe if you want to make it from scratch and just incorporate what I did with it!


1 comment:

Loren said...

hmmm funny looking biscuits and gravy LOL just kidding ~ I'll be back!
hopefully you will have posted by then

Love you