Some Things You Should Know

I started this blog a long time ago as when it was "What's Cooking at My house" and before my mad photography skills kicked in and before we went gluten free. With that said you never know what you might find here. There's a little something for everyone I believe. But my hope is to provide more recipes with better photos to tempt your tummy. *smile*

Monday, January 4, 2010

Sundays are made for Crockpots! Chicken Vindaloo!

I'm officially starting my own little Meme and I guess I'll even have a button made at some point but I loved the idea of using my crock pot AT LEAST on Sundays.
And this past Sunday I told you I was going to make Chicken Vindaloo and let you know how it was.
Well first off it's a different taste. If you like Indian food you'll love it. We don't eat a lot of Indian style food but we all enjoyed it very much. My whole family ate it, right down to my 7 and 4 year old boys. So that's saying a lot. My 7 year old actually said, "This is pretty good Mom."
The only thing I did different is if you look at the recipe, I used a whole can of tomato sauce, not just 1 cup, I didn't have mustard seed or cardamom so I left them out. And at the end I cut the chicken up into bite size pieces and let them cook in the juices while I cooked the rice.

I was going to take a picture of it for you but to tell you the truth it doesn't photograph well! LOL!
Let me know if you give this a try. I'd love to hear how you liked it.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Denise said...

I love indian food, and I like the idea of getting my crock pot out on Sundays too, I should check this recipe out. I don't like things too spicy though and I thought Vindaloo was a very hot dish? What did you think of the 'heat'?