Some Things You Should Know

I started this blog a long time ago as when it was "What's Cooking at My house" and before my mad photography skills kicked in and before we went gluten free. With that said you never know what you might find here. There's a little something for everyone I believe. But my hope is to provide more recipes with better photos to tempt your tummy. *smile*

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie!

With the latest discovery of my 6 cans of pumpkin I decided to use at least one can.
One can made 2 recipes and I'm going to share one of them today and the other in a day or two.
I hope you enjoy!Pumpkin Pie Smoothie!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
1 frozen banana
3/4 c. pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp. allspice
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp.nutmeg

Whipped Cream for garnish.

Directions:
Put all things in blender in the order given and blend until smooth.
Pour into two glasses and garnish with whipped cream.

It's like pumpkin pie in a cup!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea!! Why oh why don't I like bananas? I can't handle smoothies with them because I can taste it. But I think I could make this without the banana by adding ice and making it more of a frappe. Sounds healthy too - good job!

Sarah @ Mum In Bloom said...

I stumbled across your blog & it's great! Don't you love it when that happens :) I have 1 can of pumpkin left and this would be a recipe worth using it on!