Some Things You Should Know

I started this blog a long time ago as when it was "What's Cooking at My house" and before my mad photography skills kicked in and before we went gluten free. With that said you never know what you might find here. There's a little something for everyone I believe. But my hope is to provide more recipes with better photos to tempt your tummy. *smile*

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pumpkin Scones!

These were so good! I hope you give them a try.
Serves 6-8

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour 1/2 -3/4 cup reserved
1 cup wheat flour
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup of canned pumpkin
2 eggs

Glaze:
2 TBS. butter, melted
2 TBS powdered sugar
1 TBS maple syrup

Directions:

Preheat oven to 4oo.
Combine the flours, spices, baking powder, baking soda and sugar in a medium size bowl.
Add the yogurt, eggs, and pumpkin and continue to stir with a spatula until well blended. Here is where you may need to add a bit more flour. Continue to add more flour until you can successfully "knead" the dough without it sticking to you. I like to just combine it with my hands a little bit to make it more manageable.
Place your dough onto a baking stone or a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Shape into a circle and pat down slightly.

Bake for 25-30 mins. Depending on the consistency of your dough, check the middle at 20 minutes and see if knife comes out clean. If not back an additional 5 minutes and check again. I had to cut mine in half and finish baking in the middle an additional 5 minutes.
But it's so worth it!

Make your glaze and drizzle over the top of the scone!
Enjoy!

If you ever have any questions about a recipe please don't hesitate to ask. Just make sure I have a way to answer you back via email.
BLESSINGS!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummy!! You know I love scones - looks delicious!

Kathy C. said...

Sounds yummy! Using up that pumpkin, eh? :)