Baked Egg Rolls
If you love egg rolls but not the greasy fat that comes with deep frying them, then this is the recipe for you.
1 head of green cabbage,shredded
1 1/3 c. coarsely chopped carrot
1 1/3 c. coarsely chopped celery
1 1/3 c. chopped onion
2 tsp. ginger (bottled)
4 garlic cloves , pressed
2 lb. ground turkey
5 TBS. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 pkg. egg roll wrappers
1 large egg white`
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine celery and carrot in food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
3.Steam celery and carrot until just before soft. Add to chopped cabbage.
4. Cook turkey. Add chopped onion, ginger and garlic.
5. Combine turkey mixture and cabbage mixture together and add your soy sauce.
6. Put one heaping spoonful of mixture in egg roll and roll up. Seal with egg white.
7. Lightly oil cookie sheet and place finished egg rolls on it. Spray or lightly oil tops of egg rolls and place in oven for 18 mins. or until golden brown.
Serve with ginger dressing or soy sauce.How to fold an egg roll:
First lay it down so it looks like a diamond to you. Put mixture in the middle. Take in both sides and then fold the corner closest to you over the top and roll up. Don't forget to dab egg white mixture on the corner farthest away from you so it will seal.