Some Things You Should Know

I started this blog a long time ago as when it was "What's Cooking at My house" and before my mad photography skills kicked in and before we went gluten free. With that said you never know what you might find here. There's a little something for everyone I believe. But my hope is to provide more recipes with better photos to tempt your tummy. *smile*

Monday, September 29, 2008

Peanut Butter Pie


Pie Crust:
1 package of organic oreo type cookies.
Put enough cookies in the blender to equal about 1 1/2 cups.
Use the whole cookie! The white filling actually helps hold it all together when you mash it in the pie plate. Now dump the crumbs in a 9" pie plate and spread it out with your fingers.
Filling:
8 oz light cream cheese (softened)
3/4 c. granulated sugar
1 c. creamy peanut butter
2 tbsp butter, very soft
8 oz whipping cream
1 tbsp vanilla

Topping:
3 oz dark chocolate chips
1 1/2 tbsp butter
1/2 tbsp oil (I used coconut oil)
Optional toppings:
1/8 cup chopped peanuts
1/8 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

For best whipping, chill your bowl, beaters and whipping cream in the freezer for 15 minutes. Whip cream at high speed until soft peaks form, add vanilla and whip until firm peaks form. DO NOT over whip, or you will have butter and buttermilk! :) Set aside
In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and butter. Slowly add sugar while mixing at med-low speed. Beat in 1/3 of whipped cream. By hand, fold in remaining whipped cream. Spread in crust in chill well.
For topping, melt chocolate, butter and oil in a double boiler, or over VERY low heat. Put in a zippy bag and snip off one corner. Drizzle in a criss-cross fashion over pie in several directions. Sprinkle top of pie with nuts and chips. Chill until ready to serve.

ENJOY!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The chocolate drizzle over the top is the last straw! Now I must have some! :)

flmom said...

Oh my - I can just imagine how sinfully delicious this is!

Unknown said...

OK, I've commented on this before - but I have to say again - YUM! Looks so good. Thanks for linking it up!