Some Things You Should Know

I started this blog a long time ago as when it was "What's Cooking at My house" and before my mad photography skills kicked in and before we went gluten free. With that said you never know what you might find here. There's a little something for everyone I believe. But my hope is to provide more recipes with better photos to tempt your tummy. *smile*

Monday, September 29, 2008

Chicken Caesar Lasagna

This recipe was given to me by Lisa @ Stop and Smell the Chocolates. It was a family hit and I hope she doesn't mind me posting it on my blog for safe keeping. *Wink!*


Chicken Caesar Lasagna

9 dried whole wheat lasagna noodles
2 (10 oz) containers refrigerated light alfredo sauce (or make your own like I did)
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
3 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast
1 (10 oz) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
1 cup bottled roasted red sweet peppers, drained and chopped
3/4 cup shredded Italian blend cheese

1. Preheat oven to 325. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water; drain again. Meanwhile, in a bowl combine alfredo sauce, lemon juice, and black pepper. Stir in chicken, spinach, and red peppers.
2. Lightly coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles in bottom of dish. Top with one-third chicken mixture. Repeat layers twice. Cover; bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. makes 9 servings.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You go right ahead! Glad you liked it.

Kathy C. said...

This was so good. When I made it, I made my own Alfredo, I have the recipe on my cooking site. It was easy and it tasted the same to me.