Some Things You Should Know

I started this blog a long time ago as when it was "What's Cooking at My house" and before my mad photography skills kicked in and before we went gluten free. With that said you never know what you might find here. There's a little something for everyone I believe. But my hope is to provide more recipes with better photos to tempt your tummy. *smile*

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting

Okay here it is. My most favorite cake in all the world. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Chocolate Cake
3/4 cup butter/ room temp.
3 eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda

3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cup milk
1. Allow butter, eggs and milk to stand at room temp for 30 minutes. Grease and flour 2
 8 x 1 1/2 -inch round cake pans. Set pans aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350. In a med. bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter on med-high until light and fluffy (about 30 sec-1 min). Gradually add sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, beating on med speed for 3-4 min., or until well mixed. Scrape down and beat 2 more minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
4. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating on low just until combined after each addition. Beat on med to high for 20 seconds more. Spread evenly into prepared pans.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the centers comes out with only a few moist crumbs, but NO gooey stuff. Cool cake layers in pans for 10 mins. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks. (I usually bake for about 30 mins. and let finish cooking outside the stove so as not to dry the cake out. )

Peanut Butter Frosting

3/4 c. peanut butter
5 TBS. butter softened
2 cups powdered sugar
2-4 TBS. milk

1. Beat butters together with mixer, add sugar.
2. Add milk until right consistency.

I have to tell you that I kind of eye ball the sugar and milk in this. You know what frosting should look like so use this as a guide line and then play with it a little.

1 comment:

Sunny Shell said...

Oh I can't wait to try this! THANK YOU KIM! ♥